Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Ending But Not The End

Every life comes to an end.  If there was a loophole to this law, my SuperFred would have been able to find it.  He left the world on February 20, 2009 peacefully. 2 AM.  I had seen him hours before, the last thing I said to him was 'I love you, I'll see you tomorrow'.  How oft we are wrong.  But I'm okay with that particular pitfall of humanity.  In my words he still heard what mattered.

Tonight I wrote an obituary from notes my dad's notes.  It still needs some review and then finally approved by me- and then out it goes to the local Star News, Princeton Review, and The New York Times(!): his favorite news source.

Strange to consider that soon I will have already met my goal of publication in 2009; obtained in a plot twist heavily foreshadowed in preceding chapters of my recent history.  My words will be printed on the musty creased ink smeared beautiful paper of The New York Times and the life of my hero honored in it and I feel... le sigh of happiness.  Something he can be proud of on his way out of the world 
like an exhaled breath.

rest in peace.
Spinsley


No comments:

Post a Comment